Welcome Back to the Labyrinth

"We have been away far too long, my friends," Ashoka declared, his face lit by the eldritch green glow of his staff. "But we have finally returned to the labyrinth whence our adventures first began."

"Just imagine the treasures that lie within," said Yun Tai, flexing his mighty muscles. "Wealth enough to live in luxury the rest of our days."

"And arcane artifacts of great power," added Ashoka his words dripping with avarice. "All ours for the taking!"

"Umm...guys?" Nysa interrupted. "Do you hear something dripping?"

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Posting Sitrep

I realize that my posting frequency has been pretty sparse lately, but I have a good excuse for a change, beyond laziness and apathy.  For the past several weeks I have been devoting all of my free time to working on Covert Ops, the old school espionage role playing game that I announced last year.  This hasn't left me a lot of time for blogging, and my head is so immersed in the clandestine world of the secret agent that it's hard to shift gears into fantasy.  Consequently I've fallen several sessions behind on my campaign session reports.  I apologize to everyone who has been missing them, and I will try to get one up in the next few days - just in time to have another session and fall behind again.

I am really thankful to have Barrowmaze, though.  It has been a real time-saver to be able to run such a great adventure right 'out of the box,' so to speak, which has allowed me to concentrate on Covert Ops instead of spending all of my time trying to stay ahead of the players.

Anyhow, things will likely be quieter than usual around the Flaming Faggot for the next little while, but I will be making frequent development posts on the Hopeful Monster blog, so if you're interested in following the development of the game or reading my musings on the spy genre, head on over there and check them out.

3 comments:

burnedfx said...

I do enjoy your session write ups, but no need to apologize. You don't owe us anything. =]

I love that about Barrowmaze. I want minimal prep work and this is one of those modules that makes that possible.

Good luck with your other projects!

Dan said...

if you run a playtest of covert ops count me in Sean. :-)

Sean Robson said...

@burnedfx: Thanks! Barrowmaze is unique in my experience in being ready to run with no preparation required. Most adventures I've seen are at least as much work to prepare for as making your own.